#cryptoforgood Comms Campaign

If you follow crypto on Twitter and in the media you’ll know it can be a divisive space. And if you own crypto assets, you’ve probably seen your portfolio take a serious downswing in recent weeks.

We want humanDAO to stand out from the negativity and noise - a refuge where our community and investors can feel like they are contributing to a positive change in the world, enabled by the new possibilities of crypto and web3.

To generate some attention on us around this theme, I’m proposing a #cryptoforgood comms blitz that brings in new voices to humanDAO and gives our community an opportunity to share their stories and be rewarded.

Proposal Summary
Budget: 15,500 HDAO
Timing: Feb 7-20
Token distribution: Polygon wallet transfer

Storytelling Contest - General Public

This is the core of the campaign. It seeks to find and amplify stories that:

• Show the positive human impact of crypto and web3 adoption
  • Reflect our humanDAO values
  • Will fascinate and inspire readers
  • Are likely to generate reach and engagement

The process would be:

• Put a call out for abstracts (aka a short summary), to be submitted by posting a Tweet/thread that tags @humanDAO and uses the #cryptoforgood hashtag
  • Up to 5 stories to be selected to be written up in full, 500 to 1,000 words + images, which we will share via Medium.
  • Content Team to shortlist; voting via Discord thread/emojis.
  • Each selected abstract receives a 1,000 HDAO prize upon completion (i.e. once it is publication-ready).
  • These 5 entries are then put up for a vote (via our Discord server) to determine the community’s favourite. Winner receives an additional 3,000 HDAO prize.

Benefits to the DAO

• Generate new interest, engagement and followers on Twitter, Medium and in Discord
  • Highlight the humanDAO brand and mission to a new audience
  • Attract new builders and show that there are tangible incentives for contributors
  • Advance our goal of having at least 10 different contributors share stories in Q1
  • Provide an inflow of new content that we can build broader social media engagement around

Storytelling Contest - humanDAO Community

I also want to highlight the great stories from within the DAO, by requesting testimonials from the community (to be shared in Discord). Several stories (up to 15) will be selected and shared via Twitter; each successful contributor will receive 500 HDAO tokens.

Selection criteria:

• Show the positive human impact of crypto and web3 adoption
  • Reflect our humanDAO values
  • Will fascinate and inspire readers
  • Are likely to generate reach and engagement - photos highly valued!
3 Likes

I’m rooting for this - this is the kind of initiatives which will set up apart in the crypto community and build a unique brand equity for humanDAO. All the best!

2 Likes

I love this idea! It’s so important to spread the positive impacts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys! We discussed this on the builder call and agreed to proceed.

The initial tweet thread is here - https://twitter.com/humanDAO/status/1489570831063973891?s=20&t=yeqhSPndE_sFQixiaRp-9A