P2E Investment Opportunity: Hunters On-Chain

Presented by @adamdawson.eth and @Gambit

This proposal is presented for discussion, specific investment decisions have not yet been proposed.

Background
Hunters On-Chain is an action RPG utilizing blockchain technology where players face off against each other and nature in various game modes with the aim of becoming the ultimate hunter.

Hunters On-Chain is a revamped version of the popular Hunters game, which boasts over 5 million downloads on both AppStore and Google Play. Launched in March 2021, Hunt Royale quickly gained success. However, in January 2022, the team realized the action RPG’s potential to reach even greater heights and came up with the idea of tokenization. Given the existing game mechanics, it made sense to take Hunt Royale to Web3. After a few months of tokenization design and adaptations, Hunters On-Chain was born.

Hunters on Chain (HoC) currently utilizes Sequence wallets and is on the Polygon Network. Early this month, they have announced that they will be moving to a better, gasless chain rumored to be Ronin but no confirmation has been released yet. Speculations about the new chain being Ronin were based on the fact that there are only a few gasless chains out there and Ronin has been the best and most popular one among web3 games and gamers.

Opportunity

HoC has two tokens - $BGEM (in-game currency) and $BOOM (ecosystem currency)

HoC also has a rental mechanic. We can rent out DAO assets to scholars (at no cost or risk) and set a rewards share - typically 50/50.

T1 Genesis ‘Hunter’ NFTs have the highest earning potential due to their permanent 100% bonus on every match. As an example, a level 5 T1 hunter with 16 energy can do 13 runs of Boss hunt mode, generating ~1M $BGEM per day.

A scholar can feasibly play 5 different hunters each day (a little over 3 hours of total game time), yielding 5M $BGEM, roughly equivalent to 8 MATIC.

Shards and artifacts can also be earned by opening chests in game using $BGEM or traded with other players. Prices for each depend on the rarity, ranging from $20k to $160k $BGEM, and this can boost player earnings.

Investment Ideas for Discussion

In the alpha stages of the project, it is recommended we start with 5 scholars with 5 hunters each. The best hunters would be T1 Hunters as they have the highest earning potential among all hunters in the game.

We can either buy 25 T1 chests at around 250 $MATIC each (approx. $5k USD) or we can look for good T1 hunters that are already at level, but these will cost more.

We can also go with T2 or Premium hunters which costs less but also have less earning potential. With these hunters, we can get more scholars and make sure that we have good hunters in our roster with slightly less earning per hunter per match. We can compensate this by having a bigger number of scholars.

We are anticipating the move of HoC to a gasless chain will be a bullish catalyst that brings in new players and guilds, supporting price appreciation of the key strategic assets such as T1 hunters.

Links
Hunters On-Chain game - https://www.boomland.io/
T1 Genesis Chests - https://opensea.io/collection/hunters-on-chain-poylgon
Genesis T1 and T2 Hunters - Magic Eden - NFT Marketplace

3 Likes

Boomland team released an official statement recently that the game will be moved to Immutable X which is also a great chain and houses big games like metalcore, undead blocks, and Gods Unchained.

Using the power of StarkEx zero-knowledge rollups (ZK rollups), ImmutableX can offer transaction speeds of up to 9,000 TPS, all while still leveraging the security of the Ethereum blockchain.

We are expecting this move to bring in thousands of players in Q2 and help increase the tokens’ values along with NFT assets such as T1 hunters.

2 Likes

Hope this proposal will be official be part of scholarship in humandao i try this game its easy to play open in pc and phone devices and no hussle to connect this is fit to scholarship program.

2 Likes

If we talk about “consistency” in terms of earnings, you might consider HOC as one of the best consistent p2e in terms of earnings. I have been playing this game for almost 4 weeks now, and within this time span i have accumulated 2k booms(gave some to my friend to onboard him) and more than 22 million bgems with most of my rented hunters having only 60% (owner)/40% (mine) earnings share. Converting it to matic with the current player to player rate (800k bgems/matic, this is more expensive compared to the normal rate before the event that is happening rn. Before it’s 600k bgems/matic), it will be 2k boom = 10.4 million bgems (1k boom = 5,200,000 bgems, in game rate) + 22 million bgems = 32.4m bgems/800k bgems = 40.5 matic (not including the shards that i have which can be also sold). This game is easy to play, easy to learn, and easy to earn.

Comparing HOC to other p2e games that i have played like axie, I can’t really say that HOC is better because axie also gives high earnings if you are in LB and you got lucky in crafting, but i can say that HOC is more consistent in terms of earnings and there’s an assurance that your hard work will pay off if you are a scholar.You only need good hunters and hard work to earn as much as you want, because there’s no limit on the number of hunters that you can rent, so you can rent as much as you want and earn as much as you want. Unlike in axie, there are lots of factors that could affect your earnings like your luck in crafting (sometimes, all the rnc you have crafted are trash, and the amount you spent in crafting is higher than what you have earned in selling), your team, changes in meta teams every season, and etc.

On the other hand, of course HOC also has downsides. First is the cost of the gas fee when doing transactions. When renting hunters, the gas fee ranges from .01 to .03 matic per transaction (based on my experience) which is quite expensive for me who is just a scholar or a player who don’t have big amount of money, but based on their road map they will be migrating soon to other chain so there’s a big possibility that the gas fee might be lower soon. Second, there’s no whitelisting yet when you are renting a hunter, so sometimes there’s a possibility that the hunter that you are supposed to rent will be rented first by the other players, but based also on their roadmap, there will be whitelisting soon.

Overall, HOC is a great p2e game. There’s no “Win or Lose” situation in HOC, only “Win or Win” situation. Bonus: They haven’t listed their token/s yet :eyes:. This could be a big opportunity for scholars and investors.

(THIS IS ONLY BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE, MIGHT NOT TRUE TO ALL)

Below is the link for some proofs:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S3unyFSGqCu1qNu3O9PmCW9d5C3D0uds

3 Likes

Hello Yosef!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am glad you found HoC to be a great way to consistently earn and that you have also found its flaws. Rest assured that, as an HoC player myself, I along with many others have reached out to the boomland team about these flaws and that they are working on fixing these issues.

The 2024 roadmap shows rental whitelisting to be implemented on Q2 this year so we will continue to set up rentals by coordinating in DMs for now until it is launched.

We will also migrate to IMX ZkEVM early Q2. This new chain promises 0 gas fees which is great for both scholars and managers.

They will also be releasing new modes and new hunters soon which will offer better ways to enjoy the game with different hunters and ways to earn. Later this quarter or early Q2, $Boom is also set to be listed so we can start trading/investing in $boom.

Overall, I do believe HoC is a great project to invest to. It has great potential and is a lot easier to manage, play, and earn from compared to other P2E projects currently available.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing Hunters on Chain for more than a week now and I can say that this game is worth the investment for the following reasons:

1. It can easily be learn to play, it provides a tutorial for beginner players like me.

2. Renting hunters will not be a problem for there are tons of hunters listed on rental at different cost and share. You can choose whatever is suited for you.

3. Acquiring bgems is easy, you can earn 1M bgems in just a span of 1 day or 2 days depending on your hunters. These bgems can be converted into BOOM that can be used to rent for a higher level hunter to obtain much higher in-game bgems.

4. It has daily quest where you can also get an item, artifacts that can be sold and bgems.

5. Hoc has a clan that enables this community to build, grow and be known for everybody. This clan name appears in top of the players username allowing everyone to know in which clan you belong.

All in all Hoc allows us to enjoy while earning. I hope that this will become a part of scholarship in humanDAO that will help a lot of players.

1 Like